Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 感恩节

I had an excellent Thanksgiving here in China! It was far from traditional but it was nice all the same. The weather was perfect: sunny and not too freezing. I spent a lot of time on the school roof getting my fair share of Vitamin D. I am not the only one who knows about it either! Many secret couples (dating is grounds for expulsion in China) also joined me up there. They stood far away occassionally eyeing the foreigner out of the corners of their eyes. The view of the city from the top of the roof was lovely!
In the evening we were going to go to the local Marriott to have a Thanksgiving dinner. But we bailed at the last minute because it was far too expensive. When I say we, I mean my very lovely British teachers who were nice enough to celebrate Thanksgiving with me!
The group of us decided to head to a Singaporean restaurant that had specials on American food this month. My Thanksgiving dinner consisted of: a hamburger, french fries (YUM!), and for dessert pancakes. It was satisfying. And the day had been so nice and relaxed I had no complaints, and no real homesickness.

No comments: