Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Medicine Man 中医

(Chinese Traveling Medicine Man selling his wares on the street by our school. In this picture he was cutting an antler or some kind of bone for the man sitting next to him. He was also singing some unintelligible song.)

Yesterday I walked by this man on the way to lunch, and unfortunatley I didn't have my camera. He is new to this part of town. However today I happened to have my camera, and I discreetly took his picture while watching him cut some ingridients for this man. If you look closely there is some kind of paw (bear?) or hoof at the front of his mat. Most of the things are roots and mushrooms, but I think some may be animal testes. I just stood there and watched him for a while fascinated. Because I stood there I drew a crowd...I think the locals thought I was going to purchase something. I wouldn't even know how to do that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you ever need help I guess you could ask him for a hand! (I know it's a paw but I couldn't help myself) Glad you got the photo thing sorted out.

Always awaiting your next post
CAP

rolyatgreen said...

Arthur,

Happy Thanksgiving. Daphinator and I will be thinking of you!!!

Grumpy T.

Chinese Redhead said...

CAP: it was a good one, you have a talent for those word-plays.
Grumpy T: Thank you! It was good talking to you on thanksgiving!