Monday, September 29, 2008

View from School Roof




All four of us AFS exchange students at my school have a special room on the sixth floor of one of the least used school buildings. The room is across the hall from a would-be classroom now turned into a worker's temporary dorm room with bunks and all. It may lack air conditioning and only have a women's restroom in the hall but I like it anyways. Plus it has a huge open air balcony! I like to stand out there and see what I can see. Usually there is a clothes-line with worker's clothes drying on the balcony. And occasionally there is a bird or two.


I enjoy looking off the left side of the building because there is an extremely neglected apartment building. On the roof of this extremely neglected apartment building is a man who raises geese. ducks, and tends a garden. I like to watch him and imagine what his apartment looks like. It sounds strange but it's what I do when there is nothing else to do.


If you look closely you can see the goose on the roof in this picture.

No comments: